AGGREGATE & QUARRY ASSOCIATION
The annual conference of the quarry sector is jointly organised by the AQA and the Institute of Quarrying.
The QuarryNZ Conference is held each year in July. It’s an opportunity for all those involved in the quarrying industry to interact and exchange ideas, take the opportunity to hear the experiences of guest speakers and to socialise with old friends and colleagues, and to make new contacts.
One of the benefits of being an AQA member is that you will also receive a discount on your registration.
QuarryNZ conference 2022:
Presentations from the QuarryNZ Conference can be found below. Here you can find the CPD logbook template, as well as guidelines on how to fill it in.
Thursday 14th July 2022:
- Steve Riddell – Key Note Address – Challenges facing the Quarry Sector
- Shane Braddy – IQA President Address
- Simon Court – ACT Party MP
- Dick Mars & Chris Barrett – New CAT Next-Gen Wheel Loaders; technology and productivity overview
- Charles Malcolm – TDX Ltd
- Garth Taylor – Crusher economy for every business – crusher wear parts from Metso Outotec
- Aaron Graham – Orica
Friday 15th July 2022:
- Richard Apthorp – Taranaki/Whanganui aggregates, issues and opportunities
- Jarrod Franklin-Browne – Manawatu Gorge Project
- Glenn Powell – Prime Pump
- Kurt Hine – Stevensons Drury Quarry development
- Paul Hunt – Chief Inspector’s address
- Mike Botherway – Mental health issues in the sector
- Wayne Scott – Government policy update – RMA reform, Freshwater regs
- Bernie Napp – Aggregates sector Pathway to 2030 Strategy (Presented by Wayne Scott)
make default visible
QuarryNZ Conference 2021
Presentations from the QuarryNZ Conference can be found here:
Thursday 15th July 2021:
- Key Note Address – Ross Copland, Infrastructure Commission
- Engineering a Brighter Future – Chris Barrett, Caterpillar
- Building a Partnership for the future – Charles Malcolm, TransDiesel
- The E Evolution – Garth Taylor, MIMICO
Friday 16th July 2021:
- Quarrying in Antarctica – Gavin Hartley, Blackhead Quarries
- RoVE update – Janet Lane, MITO
- Aggregate Maps update – Matt Hill, GNS Science
- Digital Transformation in Industrial Minerals – Mike Stewart, Seequent Ltd
- H&S Legislation review – Paul Hunt, Worksafe
- Air Quality Control – Deborah Ryan, Pattle Delamore Partners
- Do it for Grandma – Dr Mary Obele
- Flushing Chip Seals – Grant Bosman, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency
QuarryNZ Conference 2019
QuarryNZ was held at ILT Stadium Southland on 17-19 July 2019. The theme was “Southern Rock Anchoring New Zealand.”
The Conference hosts awards every year that help celebrate the Industry’s performance and contribution to New Zealand.
ABOUT QUARRYING IN NEW ZEALAND
Aggregates are the most consumed bulk product in the world after water. New Zealand uses 9-10 tonnes of aggregate every year for each adult and child.
To build an average house, you need about 250 tonnes of aggregate - for use in concrete, asphalt, mortar and building products.
The quarry industry is committed to working alongside local communities and follows stringent planning, environmental and operating conditions.